Upcoming meet-ups: Auckland, Bangalore, Houston, Toronto, Minneapolis, Ottawa, DC, North Carolina, BC...
There are upcoming irregularly scheduled Less Wrong meetups in:
- Auckland: Thursday May 26, 2 pm
- Bangalore: Saturday May 28, 4 pm
- Houston: Sunday May 22, 5 pm
- Ottawa: Thursday May 26, 7 pm (regular meetup)
- Ottawa: Thursday May 26, 9 am (Bayes study group; note that this is in the MORNING)
- DC: Sunday May 22, 1 pm
- Triangle NC: Friday May 20, 6 pm (NOTE: meetup location has changed since last week);
- Victoria, British Columbia: Monday May 23, 5 pm;
- Toronto: Tuesday May 24, 8 pm
- Minneapolis: Saturday May 28, 3 pm
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, and have fun!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, my username is dreamalgebra on google's webmail service.
To reduce front page clutter, the new plan is for meetups to be initially posted in the Discussion section, and for Anna Salamon to make a promoted post "upcoming meetups" post every Friday that links to every meet-up that has been planned for the next two weeks. [HT: Carl Shulman.] Please let her know if your meetup is omitted. (I'm filling in for Anna this week.)
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post about your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: London, Chicago, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), St. Louis, Ottawa, Helsinki, Melbourne.