NOTE: We switched venue to Spreegold ALEXANDERPLATZ, Rosa Luxemburg-Straße 2, 10178 Berlin.
It looks like we'll be at least eight people, so it'll likely be our biggest gathering yet! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
If you're attending for the first time: We have a mailing list where the planning happens. Feel free to sign up. I'll also bring a sign saying 'LessWrong' in big, friendly - although red - letters.
Here's the current plan and comments:
- Michael: Discuss recent sequence http://lesswrong.com/tag/seq_epistemology/
- Christian: Meta discussion limited to 30 minutes: How to improve the meetup? What do we want to achieve?
- Christian: Share goals and projects. Let’s start with just sharing so the others know what interests us. No long discussion intended, so it shouldn’t consume too much time.
- Jan: Calibration game using Gambit 7 questions
- Christian: rejection therapy follow-up
- Christian: evaluate commitments and make new ones
- Christian: agree on meetup scheduling for next time: suggestion: use doodle again, clarify ifneedbe, use highest yes+ifneedbe. If >8 attendants again next time, switch to fixed-day schedule. (we'll make a new poll, but this one would suggest meeting every 2 weeks and alternating saturday and tuesday)
- Alexander: 'Hypothetical Apostasies' game from booklet. Choosing a belief in advance would help. The current candidate is 'taking untested recreational drugs is good'. Note feedback comment below.
- Some kind of moderation during focused discussion would be nice - to end or defer tangents and keep discussion moving
- Jan: Seconded. I volunteer to moderate.
- Jan: And I looked at the ‘Hypothetical Apostasies’ game. The current belief seems not too well suited (too easy to argue against and not important enough). But I don’t think we need one in advance, since one of the purposes seems arguing against it on the spot. I have a few ideas we could use though.