It seems we haven't done any London meetups in a while. Is anyone up for arranging something within January?

New to LessWrong?

New Comment
14 comments, sorted by Click to highlight new comments since: Today at 12:42 PM

I'm not promising to do anything radical like leave the house, but we'll see.

I don't like leaving my house either. That's why I held my meetup at home :)

...why do I find that so bloody brilliant? It's like, bam! problem solved.

As an added bonus, I got to feed people! I like feeding people.

Allright, it seems there's a convergence on 2011-1-2, with Pendrel's Oak suggested by ciphergoth and not objected to by anyone.

Next question: What time? I personally have no preference, if you do, please let everyone know.

Once that's done, we can advertise it in the main site.

Last one I went to started at 4pm, but that seems a bit late, shall we say 2pm this time? That way you can either have lunch before you set off, or eat in the Wetherspoon's pub.

Penderel's Oak was actually the result of some confusion - I meant the nearby Shakespeare's Head, where we've been before.

2am at Shakespeare's head it is! Unless anyone objects soon I will publish this in a top-level article.

2pm as in 1400 that is. See you all then!

I'll be in London from 30/12 to 3/1, but with several other commitments. Any time in that period would be possible but 2/1 would be best. But I've already messed up enough other meets with my scheduling issues, so don't make too much effort to work around me unless those times are also great for everyone else.

I also would like to go to London in February or March sometime, so if you plan it on a weekend in one of those two months I could probably make it with enough (at least two or three weeks') notice.

Hi, can I come too? :)

Sun 2nd sounds good for me.

Shall we meet for lunch?

Sunday 2011-01-02? I can do that. Penderel's Oak again? What sort of time?

The 2nd should be good.

I'll be around those days, too. Let us know when you know more.

Count me in. Any of those days works.