As people have likely forgotten, jsalvatier had generously set up a contest to look through the literature on the spacing effect. Duke submitted his entry a while ago, and I turned mine in on the 1 August deadline. It's part of my overall essay on spaced repetition: gwern.net/Spaced repetition#literature-review

There's a lot of research, and I only cover what I estimate to be 0-5% of the extant literature, so if you're interested only in the punchline: gwern.net/Spaced repetition#review-summary

(This is only a pointer to the review because the formatting would drive me nuts on LW. I'm not sure the edit box even supports footnotes at all; nor do I intend to find out.)

New to LessWrong?

New Comment
2 comments, sorted by Click to highlight new comments since: Today at 9:23 AM

This is only a pointer to the review because the formatting would drive me nuts on LW.

It used to be that one of the buttons in the edit box opened a window into which one could paste raw HTML. Is that not the case anymore?

It's probably there. But to do so, I would have to take the generated HTML for my page, edit it down just to the relevant section and its subsections, then go over to the footnotes, figure out exactly which ones I need, splice them into the edited version and then maybe I have something which will work when I paste it in.

Seriously, why the heck would I bother? So people don't have to click a prominent link?