As you may know, on May 6, there will be a large one-day price-matching fundraiser for Bay Area Charities.
The relevant details are right here at MIRI's official website.
And this is the webpage to visit to donate.
For those of you who didn't read the two links above, here's the important information.
On May 6, MIRI is participating in Silicon Valley Gives...
Why is this exciting for supporters of MIRI? Many reasons, but here are a few.
- Over $250,000 of matching prizes and funds up for grabs, from sources that normally wouldn't contribute to MIRI:
- Two-to-one dollar match up to $50,000 during the midnight hour.
- $2,000 dollar prize for the nonprofit that has the most individual gift in an hour, every hour, for 24 hours.
- $150 added to a random donation each hour, every hour for 24 hours.
- Dollar for Dollar match up to $35,000 during the 7AM hour, and $50,000 during the noon, 6 PM, and 7 PM hours.
- Local NBC stations, radio stations, businesses, and Bay Area foundations will be promoting the Silicon Valley Day of Giving on May 6th. So if MIRI is making a splash with our fundraising that day, it's possible we'll draw attention from media and by extension new donors.
Making the most of this opportunity will require some cleverness and a lot of coordination. We are going to need all the help we can get...
- If you are interested in supporting MIRI with a large donation during the fundraiser... Get in touch with Malo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All MIRI supporters have the potential to make a big impact if we can all work together in a coordinated manner. Sign up below (The sign up sheet is on the MIRI announcement page) to receive updates on our strategy leading up to the event, and updates throughout the fundraiser on the best times to give and promote the event.