The Singularity Institute is hiring 1-3 virtual assistants. (That is, personal assistants that work from home, anywhere with internet access.)
- Work directly with some of the central figures of Less Wrong, especially Luke(prog) and Anna Salamon.
- Work from home most of the time.
- Trial period of part-time work at $13/hr; if all goes well then get hired as a contractor for full-time work or more (if you're available) at $15/hr.
- Capable of self-management and figuring things out. An example instruction is "Find me three ghost writers who have previously published best-selling science books and figure out how much they cost." We don't have time to figure out how one goes about doing that, so we need our virtual assistants to be able to do research (by internet and phone) to figure out how to do that.
- Be generally on-board with with rationality and existential risk mitigation. (This makes communication and goal coordination easier.)
- Be clear and professional in emails and (much less often) on the phone.
How to apply:
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Virtual Assistant Position." Attach your résumé if you have one, or at least describe why you think you'd be good at this job. Also list other skills and experience you have, even if you're not sure they'd be relevant.