This summary was posted to LW Main on February 10th. The following week's summary is here.
The following meetups take place in cities with regular scheduling, but involve a change in time or location, special meeting content, or simply a helpful reminder about the meetup:
- Baltimore / UMBC Meetup - usefulness and meaning of "truth": 12 February 2017 11:00AM
- [Berlin] Sequences Reading Group: 23 February 2017 07:15PM
- Chicago RRG - Typical Mind Fallacy: 12 February 2017 01:00PM
- Cologne - Monthly meetup: Saturday Feb 18 2017: 18 February 2017 05:00PM
- Melbourne Rationality Dojo, February - Tai Chi & Lightning Talks: 12 February 2017 03:30PM
- [Metro Detroit / Ann Arbor], Michigan: 11 February 2017 04:30PM
- [Moscow] Games in Kocherga club: FallacyMania, Tower of Chaos, Scientific Discovery: 22 February 2017 07:40PM
- San Francisco Meetup: Board Games: 13 February 2017 06:15PM
- Sydney Rationality Dojo - March 2017: 05 March 2017 04:00PM
- Washington, D.C.: Fun & Games: 12 February 2017 03:30PM
Locations with regularly scheduled meetups: Ann Arbor, Austin, Baltimore, Berlin, Boston, Brussels, Buffalo, Canberra, Chicago, Cologne, Columbus, Denver, Kraków, London, Madison WI, Melbourne, Moscow, Netherlands, New Hampshire, New York, Philadelphia, Prague, Research Triangle NC, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, St. Petersburg, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Vienna, Washington DC, and West Los Angeles. There's also a 24/7 online study hall for coworking LWers and a Slack channel for daily discussion and online meetups on Sunday night US time.
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, build community, and have fun!
In addition to the handy sidebar of upcoming meetups, a meetup overview is posted on the front page every Friday. These are an attempt to collect information on all the meetups happening in upcoming weeks. The best way to get your meetup featured is still to use the Add New Meetup feature, but you'll also have the benefit of having your meetup mentioned in a weekly overview. These overview posts are moved to the discussion section when the new post goes up.
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, you can reach me on gmail at frank dot c dot adamek.
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: Atlanta, Cambridge UK, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Marin CA, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Portland, Salt Lake City, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), Singapore, St. Louis, Vancouver, Warsaw, Waterloo.
Whether or not there's currently a meetup in your area, you can sign up to be notified automatically of any future meetups. And if you're not interested in notifications you can still enter your approximate location, which will let meetup-starting heroes know that there's an interested LW population in their city!
If your meetup has a mailing list that you'd like mentioned here, or has become regular and isn't listed as such, let me know!
Want to help out the common good? If one of the meetups listed as regular has become inactive, let me know so we can present more accurate information to newcomers.