Less Wrong is a community blog devoted to refining the art of human rationality. Please visit our About page for more information.

BentleyDavis comments on Welcome to Less Wrong! (11th thread, January 2017) (Thread B) - Less Wrong Discussion

1 Post author: Grothor 16 January 2017 10:25PM

You are viewing a comment permalink. View the original post to see all comments and the full post content.

Comments (183)

You are viewing a single comment's thread.

Comment author: BentleyDavis 10 February 2018 05:42:38PM *  1 point [-]

Howdy, I've always enjoyed a good argument/debate. In 2012 I got in the middle of two friends argument about the health of being a vegetarian and decided to do my own research and settle the issue. I was disappointed that there was not an easy way to prove a point. That sent me down a rabbit hole of decision making systems and theory.

I have listened to every episode of "Rationality: From AI to Zombies". I've also researched several of the decision tools on http://lesswrong.com/lw/1qq/debate_tools_an_experience_report/

I am a software engineer and my latest experiment to build tools to help people agree is Reason Score and I would appreciate any time people have to provide feedback and debate with me on the tool.

I also work on the Pro-Truth Pledge and I am on the board of Intentional Insights which is an educational nonpartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit devoted to promoting science-based truth-seeking, rational thinking, and wise decision-making.

I look forward to learning with you, Bentley