Less Wrong is a community blog devoted to refining the art of human rationality. Please visit our About page for more information.

efenj comments on 2017 LessWrong Survey - Less Wrong Discussion

21 Post author: ingres 13 September 2017 06:26AM

You are viewing a comment permalink. View the original post to see all comments and the full post content.

Comments (68)

You are viewing a single comment's thread.

Comment author: efenj 13 September 2017 09:36:19PM 1 point [-]

Firstly, thank you for the survey and for the option of exporting one's answers!

Questions that I found ambiguous or without a clear, correct answer (for future reference, since changing the survey midway is a terrible idea):

1. Is it fundamentally important to you that the 'rationality movement' ever produces a measurable increase in general sanity? (i.e, if you were shown conclusive proof it will not you would likely leave)?

What do you answer if you believe that it is fundamentally important, and worth trying, but still unlikely to succeed (i.e. we're probably doomed, but we should still make an effort)?

1. Do you attend Less Wrong meetups? Yes, once or a few times

Attended once or a few times, in total, or attend once or a few times per year/other reasonable time period?

Comment author: ingres 13 September 2017 09:43:49PM 2 points [-]
  1. Yes.

2. Total, I would think.

Comment author: efenj 14 September 2017 02:00:42AM 1 point [-]

Thanks for the very fast reply!

I interpreted 2 correctly (in line with your reading), for 1, the "you would likely leave" part misled me.